Richard Bistrong FCPA Blog

Richard Bistrong FCPA Blog

A Real World Compliance Blog based on the actual experiences and perspective of Richard T. Bistrong, a former international sales executive. A venue dedicated to the open and professional exchange of real-world FCPA compliance issues and challenges. Now at www.richardbistrong.com

Friday, February 14, 2014

Welcome.

Welcome. My goal in the launch of this Blog is to engage and stimulate discussion with respect to the existing field of anti-bribery compliance efforts. How? By endeavoring to present compliance professionals with a real world sales and marketing perspective on foreign bribery based on my own personal experience, from a career in international sales to my Federal sentencing. I look forward to sharing my journey with you, and would welcome constructive comments on current compliance and enforcement trends, especially as they impact international sales and marketing organizations.

Furthermore, I hope that my experience, inclusive of my US/UK cooperation, as well as US Plea and sentencing, might provide some value and insight to other individuals and corporations who are dealing with the reality of compliance "on the ground". In addition, I will look for comments and observations as to how compliance policies are best  articulated and implemented, especially within a sales and marketing organization. Thus, in order to  exchange views, I would like to invite other professionals to guest blog and comment on relevant and challenging issues with respect to FCPA compliance.

Thank you.