Richard Bistrong FCPA Blog

Richard Bistrong FCPA Blog

A Real World Compliance Blog based on the actual experiences and perspective of Richard T. Bistrong, a former international sales executive. A venue dedicated to the open and professional exchange of real-world FCPA compliance issues and challenges. Now at www.richardbistrong.com

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Corruption: A Lesson for Tomorrow's Professionals


Guest speaking on May 6, 2014 at Fordham University. "Contemporary Issues in Forensic Accounting." I shared with the students my reflections on international sales, both before and during cooperation, and detailed my thought process as to how I "rationalized bribery." My hope is that by sharing my perspective with tomorrow's business professionals, that they might be more aware of the obvious and not-so-obvious red-flags that might present themselves in their careers. I shared my own experience and the lessons that success built upon a corrupt foundation with corrupt behavior is no success at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment